2000 years of History - Walking Tour
Celebrating the 800th anniversary of York’s Charter
Join us for an easy going stroll encompassing some of the sites of York. Our specially devised route for guests at The Grange takes in
- the historic Roman road of Bootham
- a medieval palace of the Kings
- St Mary’s Abbey situated in Museum Gardens, the location of the York Mystery Plays
- and other sites including the Astronomical Observatory
- the return route is via the River Ouse taking in some railway history and the site of the parliamentary army campsite
Our route covers sites of interest not often included in some of the more popular York walking tours.
The walk will be led by the Clerk to the Medieval Guild of Cordwainers of the City of York.
Meet in the Morning Room at 5.30 pm for a glass of wine & canapés. Walk departs at 6 pm with return to the hotel at approximately 7.15 pm.
Please note the walking tour only takes place on a Friday and it is subject to a minimum number of 6 people. Bookings to be made in advance please!
£10.00 per person
- A glass of wine & Canapes
- An extract from a copy of York’s original Charter given to the City of York by King John in 1212